Friday 18 April 2014

Good Friday Mini Haul (Superdrug) and Update.

Hello lovelies!

Huge apologies for lack of posts recently. Its been a very busy couple of weeks with work and family life. 

On Monday (14th April) I had another meeting with the director of the company in Essex which have contacted me to work with them. We're still in talks and negotiating certain conditions. If they can be overcome then I may be making the leap! Exciting and VERY scary!

Now, back to my favourite subject. Shopping!

As you have all read by now, last month I put myself on a voluntary spending ban (boooooooo) well I'm very pleased to say that its now over. Yaaaaaay!! The scary thing to come out of this spending ban was that I've easily had a grand total of £300 spare this month. I never realised that I was spending that much. Its been a bit of a wake up call I can tell you.

I had a wish list as long as my arm of things I wanted to buy once i'd been paid. The adrenaline rush was overwhelming! But I've been so good today and just purchased a few little things. 2 or 3 I did actually need. The rest because I wanted to reward myself for sticking to my spending ban.

Now usually I'm a fully fledged Boots girl. But I had a new Superdrug points card which is yet to be used (fickle,  I know). So here is what I picked up.




Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water



I'm yet to try this brand of Micellar water and as my L'Oreal one is due to run out i thought i would give this a try. This was on offer for £2.99

MUA Mosaic Blush in English Rose




I have a few MUA products and i particularly like their blushers. Ive seen a fair few good reports about this so thought i would also purchase and add to my already extensive highlighter / blush range. There will be a more in depth seperate review on this at a later date. Amazing price of £2.50

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation - 120 (Classic Ivory)



I received a sample of this in the post last year but i never tried it as i thought it looked a bit too dark for my skin. One weekend i was sorting through my makeup drawers and came across it. Purely out of interest i tried it and it blended perfectly. It gave my skin slight glow and it felt really lightweight. I've just used up the sample i had so decided to purchase a full size. £7.99

Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer



Ah my holy grail primer. I absolutely love this. Ive tried many others but i will always come back to this one. This makes my skin feel smooth. This is the only primer that keeps my makeup in place all day. £11.99

Barry M Gelly Hi - Shine Nail Paint in Grapefruit




I've been wanting a corally / pink nail polish as i think for summer this looks great. especially if your tanned. Barry M gelly polishes are great. I don't have the longest of nails but i still like my nails to look pretty. Looking forward to trying this out. £3.99

Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush



I'm not a massive advocate for dry shampoo, but we all have occasional days where we need a little "zhuzh". This travel size can will last me a good month. A handbag staple at a good price of 3 for £3.

MUA Fur - Effect Nails 



This is actually for my daughter. She has a party to go to on Saturday evening and she wanted something a little different for her nails. If anyone has any tips on how to get the maximum effect of this then i would be immensely grateful. £3.00

And there we have it. Not a massive haul but my first this month.

I'm going to be keeping a tight reign on my finances for a couple of months so i shall be looking at budget beauty products. If you have any suggestions or have tried any that you could recommend please let me know. 

I hope you're all having a lovely Good Friday and i hope you enjoy the bank holiday. The weather so far is being very kind to us!

I'm now off to spend the last hour outside in the sunshine.

Happy Easter!!


1 comment:

  1. How did the water go?

    Ive been tempted into buying some for a while.

    Mandypumps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...