Monday 5 May 2014

My Skin Care Routine - For Dry, Eczema prone skin.

Hello lovelies!

Welcome back to my blog. I cannot believe were in May already. Where is this year disappearing to?! I took a couple of weeks break from blogging and twitter due to busy family commitments but I'm glad to say I'm back and raring to go!

My first post for May is about my skincare. Now I have very troublesome dry skin. A sufferer of eczema since a teenager, I have spent fortunes on finding a product that works and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. The products I'm about to talk about I've been using for just over 12 months. Now that may not sound a long amount of time. But for me, it's a lifetime!  My skin usually gets bored with products, flares up and then I'm back to square one. Thankfully these products all seem to do the trick.  And whilst they continue do so I wont be looking to change in the near future.

Morning Skincare Routine

Peaches & Clean

Now this may seem a little odd to most that someone with hyper sensitive skin would use this.  I was dubious at first myself as it contains such active ingredients.  But using it with my Clarisonic Mia it makes my skin so smooth and feel really clean.




*I use the sensitive brush on the Clarisonic as its not harsh at all on my skin.

Simple Kind to Eyes Rollerball

I use this before my moisturiser. I very rarely sleep well so most mornings my eyes are quite puffy. As the roller ball is metal it feels quite cold and refreshing on the eyes. It really helps.



Garner Micellar Water

Once cleansed I use a micellar water as a toner for my skin.  I am in love with these "magic waters". I have also used the L'Oreal one too.



Ambre Solaire - Sensitive Advance SPF50

I always use a SPF under my moisturiser. It wasnt something i used to do on a daily basis, but unfortunately my Grandma had skin cancer. She did have it removed but after that it was a huge wake up call for me. I live in England so factor 50 isnt completely needed, but i was drawn to the fact that it was aimed at sensitive skin.



Garnier Moisture Match

I actually use 2 of this range. During autumn and winter months I use this one for dry to very skin. This is very thick and extremely moisturising. Its best used sparingly though as it can cause your skin to feel on the greasy side (I never thought id say that about MY skin!).



As the seasons change and the weather improves I use this one for dry skin. Same lovely fresh scent and still very moisturising.  Not as thick as the previous one.



I can't recommend these moisturisers enough. If you are dry skin sufferer I urge you to try them. I never thought anything would hydrate my skin but they truly are amazing. Most definitely my holy grail products.  I will purchase them over and over again. And even better is the fact that they're drugstore! 

Evening Skincare Routine.

My evening skincare routine is pretty much the same as my morning routine.  Only 2 small changes.

First is the addition of these......

Johnson's Face Care - Make Up Be Gone

Yes, yes I know. Face wipes are the work of the devil and no doubt I'll be struck down for such a sin. But when I get home from work I want my make up off quickly as possible. Its been sat on my face for 9 hours, I find it suffocating! 



I only ever use Johnsons wipes.  And I use them as a "pre cleanse".

Once the make up is off I then use my Peaches & Clean cleanser to remove the rest of the days makeup away. I don't use the clarisonic on an evening as using it twice a day would be too harsh for my skin.

Once cleansed i tone with my micellar water and moisturise. 

So there we have it. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any questions at all about how I control my eczema when I do have break outs please let me know.

See you all very soon xxx

1 comment:

  1. How do you do Annmarie? Guess what? I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Check out my blog for more details!

    Lilly.
    http://hellolillyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...